Worship musicians are stewards of a special, God-given gift.
A deeper understanding of music theory will bring you, and those you lead in worship, to a place of intimacy with God.
Using relevant terminology, Contemporary Music Theory is a complete resource for worship musicians. You will learn the music notations and technical concepts found in today’s worship music through classically-based music theory.
Perfect for the college classroom or church-worship-team training, readers will learn how to:
1. Read music
2. Become better musicians and worship leaders
3. Speak a common language with other worship musicians
4. Acquire a deeper appreciation for the mechanics and structure of music
- Foundations of Music Notation
- Rhythm and Meter Part 1
- Major Scales
- Rhythm and Meter Part 2
- Major Key Signatures
- Triads in Major Keys
- Seventh Chords
- Types of Chord Charts
- Harmonic Function and Voice Leading
- Rhythm and Meter Part 3
- Non-Chord Tones
- Minor Scales and Minor Keys
- Secondary Applied Chords
- Diatonic Modes and Pentatonic Scales
- Mode MixtureModulation
- Extended HarmonyOther Dominant Resolutions